Re: Dance videos

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:47:46 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Kate,

the first title is available here:
Mary Wigman: 1886-1973 "When the Fire Dances Between Two Poles". 1990
Released: 01/1990 Princeton
Book Company Publishers.
Narrated by Mary Wigman.
Black & White
VHS ISBN 0-87127-169-9 (Dance Horizons) 41 min.
(Active)
$ 44.95 (Publisher)
Video: DANCE, CLASSICAL - BIOGRAPHY
Historical footage of the noted German expressionist dancer
choreographer.

If DANCE HORIZONS should be down you can get the same tape from
Stagestep http://www2.mailordercentral.com/stagestep/ , ordering number:
V289:
>From their website:
Our Price: $44.95
MARY WIGMAN
Here is a vivid film portrait that captures Wigman's enduring historical
significance as founder of German expressionist dance. Includes footage
of her work at the early Laban School and her own compositions, "Witch
Dance," "Seraphic Song," "Dance of Summer," and others. Wigman narrates,
explaining her use of choric principles in her choreography, her
emphasis on turning, her work with masks and percussion accompaniment,
and the expressive use of hands in dance training. 41 min.B/W.

The Series "Dance in America" does not seem to be available any more.

With kind regards
Peter Delin
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
Amerika-Gedenkbibliothek