RE: DVD--circulation and preservation

Hornbeck, Patty (hornbeck@jaguar.middlebury.edu)
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:43:10 -0700 (PDT)

It is disappointing, isn't it, to learn how extremely fragile this medium
is? We have had many screenings spoiled by a small scratch or a piece of
dust on the disc. Our "solution" has been to clean the surface of the disc
before using it, but we have just purchased a cleaner/polisher called the
"SpinDoctor" for around $50. Haven't received it yet, so don't know how
effective it will be.
Our circulation policy at Middlebury for av materials is: one week loan to
faculty, media center use of reserved items by students and staff.
Patty Hornbeck
Middlebury College
Sunderland Language Center
Middlebury, VT 05753