Re: french film distributors

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 04:42:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mary Laskowski,

I think there is no hope to get the film in the U.S. (It was coproduced
by the Museum of Modern Art, New York and TV Ontario, Canada). To get a
copy of the video you have to call the following telephone number in
Paris:
00 33 1 48 30 81 60 (probably the filmmaker himself). Perhaps he can
furnish a videocassette in NTSC standard.

I have found it on this website which contains some more information
about this documentary on early french cinema:
http://www.lacathode.org/docu/cd1.htm

To learn more about the strange title of this film check the following
website:
http://perso.magic.fr/concept/WELCOME2.HTM
(George Méliès first film studio was a glass house for riping peaches in
Montreuil)

With kind regards
Peter Delin
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin