Re: Rugged DVD Players

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:00:18 -0700 (PDT)

The CCUMC (Consortium of College and University Media Centers) does almost
exclusively. However, you must be a member in order to get on the list.
http://www.indiana.edu/~ccumc/

Oksana

At 10:36 AM 8/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
>And while we're at it, can anyone recommend a really good list or two that
>*does* discuss media/audio visual hardware in library settings? Thank'ee
>kindly,
>
>Randy Hertzler
>University of Washington Libraries
>

>On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Tripp Reade wrote:
>
> > Our students, in their role as agents of natural
> > selection, have through harsh use culled the weak
> > DVD players from our herd, which population is now
> > dangerously low. Can anyone give me information,
> > anecdotal or otherwise, concerning DVD players
> > that have proven able to withstand heavy daily use
> > while at the same time offering ease of use and a
> > reasonable price? Since this forum isn't really
> > designed for discussions of hardware, please
> > respond off list. Gracias!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tripp Reade
> > North Carolina State University Libraries
> > tripp_reade@ncsu.edu

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-7622
Concordia University
LB-805-1, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8