Re: Rugged DVD Players

Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:58:19 -0700 (PDT)

Tripp Reade's message was a little misleading. Although this list has
focused upon collection development and reference queries, hardware
queries are welcome and there have been many in the past. For a list of
other media-related listservs, take a look at this list:
http://id-www.ucsb.edu/detche/discussion.html
It includes information about Media-L, which tends to receive more
equipment queries than Videolib. -- Kris

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, R. Hertzler wrote:

> And while we're at it, can anyone recommend a really good list or two that
> *does* discuss media/audio visual hardware in library settings? Thank'ee
> kindly,
>
> Randy Hertzler
> University of Washington Libraries
>

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Tripp Reade wrote:
>
> > Our students, in their role as agents of natural
> > selection, have through harsh use culled the weak
> > DVD players from our herd, which population is now
> > dangerously low. Can anyone give me information,
> > anecdotal or otherwise, concerning DVD players
> > that have proven able to withstand heavy daily use
> > while at the same time offering ease of use and a
> > reasonable price? Since this forum isn't really
> > designed for discussions of hardware, please
> > respond off list. Gracias!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tripp Reade
> > North Carolina State University Libraries
> > tripp_reade@ncsu.edu

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405