Re: simon in the land of chalk drawings

Daren Callahan (
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 06:11:42 -0700 (PDT)

I seem to recall my kids watching Simon as a segment on Nickelodeon in the
mid-80s (I can recall the theme song!). So that's another place to try.
At that time, they had quite a few wonderful animated shorts and I think
this was one of them. Good luck.

At 05:46 AM 7/31/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Way back in the dusty recesses of my memory, I seem to have a recollection
>that the Simon cartoons were used as a segment on a children's TV show. And
>since we didn't get many channels when my children were growing up, I think
>it must have been Captain Kangaroo (on CBS?). It would have been sometime
>in the late 1970's or early 1980's.
>Sorry I can't tell you how to get hold of a Captain Kangaroo video, but
>maybe this will give you a place to start.
> At 12:46 PM 7/30/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>Does anyone know whether or not a video of the cartoon series Simon in the
>>Land of Chalk Drawings was ever released. I'm hoping to find a copy
>>squirreled away in some library somewhere as I have found no other
>>possibilities or even better a distributor!!. Worldcat lists only the book.
>>The series was produced by FilmFair (London), directed by Ivor Wood.
>>Thanks for any info.
>>Julia Gibbs
>>Assistant Director
>>Film Studies Center
>>University of Chicago
>Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant
>Audiovisual Classroom Services
>408 Christian A. Johnson Hall
>Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
>Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687

Daren Callahan
Head, Cataloging Department
Morris Library, Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, IL 62901-6632