Re: simon in the land of chalk drawings

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 05:46:12 -0700 (PDT)

Julia,
Way back in the dusty recesses of my memory, I seem to have a recollection
that the Simon cartoons were used as a segment on a children's TV show. And
since we didn't get many channels when my children were growing up, I think
it must have been Captain Kangaroo (on CBS?). It would have been sometime
in the late 1970's or early 1980's.

Sorry I can't tell you how to get hold of a Captain Kangaroo video, but
maybe this will give you a place to start.
Marilyn

At 12:46 PM 7/30/01 -0700, you wrote:
>HI
>
>Does anyone know whether or not a video of the cartoon series Simon in the
>Land of Chalk Drawings was ever released. I'm hoping to find a copy
>squirreled away in some library somewhere as I have found no other
>possibilities or even better a distributor!!. Worldcat lists only the book.
>
>The series was produced by FilmFair (London), directed by Ivor Wood.
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Julia

>Julia Gibbs
>Assistant Director
>Film Studies Center
>University of Chicago

Audiovisual Classroom Services
408 Christian A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu