In case you know her: reference to a media librarian at UWI (fwd)

Harold David Rennie (aa349@chebucto.ns.ca)
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:31:53 -0700 (PDT)

This item (originally entitled Subject: Bridget Jones Travel Bursary) is
from the listserv H-Caribbean. It is, I admit, a little off-topic, but
since it includes a reference to a media librarian (this year's award
winner) whom some of you may know (and if she's on this list, then let's
all praise her accomplishment!). The rest of the information about the
bursary is not really about media librarianship, but, who knows? Maybe you
know someone who can use the information! Gary, please feel free to trim
and shorten the message as you see fit.
Hal
>Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:43:37 -0500
>Sender: H-Net Network on Caribbean Studies <H-CARIBBEAN@H-NET.MSU.EDU>
>From: "Downes, Dr. Aviston D." <downesav@uwichill.edu.bb>
>Subject: Bridget Jones Travel Bursary

>To: H-CARIBBEAN@H-NET.MSU.EDU
>
> Subject: Bridget Jones Travel Bursary
> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:09:39 +0100
> From: "Sandra.Courtman" <Sandra.Courtman@BTINTERNET.COM>
>
>THE SOCIETY FOR CARIBBEAN STUDIES (UK)
>
>The Society pays tribute to the late Dr Bridget Jones who died of cancer on
>April 4, 2000. As a long-standing member of the Caribbean research
>community and a valued member and friend of the Society, Bridget will be
greatly missed.

[snip]
>THE BRIDGET JONES TRAVEL BURSARY FOR CARIBBEAN STUDIES
>This year's winner was very well received at the Nottingham conference:
>Elizabeth Watson, media librarian of UWI, Cave Hill, Barbados, presented a
>paper entitled 'Documenting the Voice of a People: Issues and Challenges
in Researching Barbadian Calypso'.

We look forward to receiving
applications for next year's conference which will take place in the first
week of July, at a UK venue - details to be confirmed later.