Re: favorite films by women

Patricia O'Donnell (odonnell@ucla.edu)
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:19:40 -0700 (PDT)

--============_-1216722519==_ma============

Okay, I'll start the less lofty title list.

How about:
The Brady Bunch Movie -- Betty Thomas
Big, A League of their Own -- Penny Marshall
Waynes World --also by Penelope Spheeris

>At 10:25 AM 7/17/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>I'm looking for recommendations of your favorite films by women directors
>>for a local film society. I gave them some of my favorites, but I'm sure
>>there are many great ones I don't know about. They have catalogs to look at,
>>but always appreciate personal recommendations.
>
>Hi Eileen,
>
>My all time favorite film by a woman director:
>
>Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles by Chantal
>Akerman...a masterpiece, in my opinion.
>
>I would also include:
>
>Decline of Western Civilisation Part 1 - Penelope Spheeris
>Swept Away - Lina Wertmuller
>Invisible Adversaries - Valie Export
>My New Gun - Stacy Cochran
>Cleo from 5 to 7 - Agnes Varda
>Vagabond - Agnes Varda
>Fuses - Carolee Schneeman
>Mickey and Nicky - Elaine May
>An Agel at My Table - Jane Campion
>
>Off the top of my head...I'm sure I am forgetting something.
>
>There you go,

Regards,
Patricia O'Donnell , Manager
OID-Instructional Media Library
(310) 206-1248
odonnell@ucla.edu
http://www.oid.ucla.edu/imlib
--============_-1216722519==_ma============

Okay, I'll start the less lofty title list.

How about:

The Brady Bunch Movie -- Betty Thomas

Big, A League of their Own -- Penny Marshall

Waynes World --also by Penelope Spheeris

I'm looking for recommendations of your favorite films by women
directors for a local film society. I gave them some of my favorites,
but I'm sure

there are many great ones I don't know about. They have catalogs to
look at,

but always appreciate personal recommendations.

</excerpt>