Re: video replacement costs

Karen Driessen (karend@selway.umt.edu)
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

Our library bills for the actual price plus a $14 service charge to cover
all the efforts related to withdrawal, reordering, relabeling, and
sometimes recataloging. A 25.00 flat fee to cover all seems extremely low
unless you're only dealing with the 14.95 or 19.95 feature videos.

At 01:36 PM 07/16/2001 -0700, Diane Sybeldon wrote:
>I need to come up with replacement costs for videos
>that are not returned to the libraries.
>Currently we are charging a flat $25 for
>lower priced popular features as well as high priced educational
>videos.
>Is this what others do?
>Thanks -
>Diane
>***********************************
>Diane Sybeldon
>Instruction/Media Librarian
>David Adamany Undergraduate Library
>Wayne State University
>Detroit, Michigan 48202
>(313) 577-4480 (voice)
>(313) 577-5265 (fax)
>ac7255@wayne.edu (email)

Karen C. Driessen, Director Phone: 406-243-2856
Instructional Media Services FAX: 406-243-2689
32 Campus Drive #4968 E-mail: karend@selway.umt.edu
The University of Montana
Missoula MT 59812-4968