Re: video replacement costs

Donna Newman (dnewman@monroe.lib.in.us)
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:05:25 -0700 (PDT)

I charge the replacement cost plus a processing fee which should include
the added cost of plastic covers etc.
That does mean that circulation department must call av any time a
patron is sent a charge letter so that the charge is accurate, when
the patron comes in to pay the price is checked again.
This sounds very labor intensive but isn't, very few people get to the
charge point and if they do most don't bother to pay.
Even though I might have paid much more for the initial buy if the
vendor offers a replacement cost much lower that is passed on to patron.
donna newman
monroe county public library
bloomington in

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

everyone has a photographic memory. Some of us just don't have any film.