Re: basic tools for video acquisitions

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

--=====================_564262==_.ALT

Check out the page for the VRT's recent program on video basics at:
http://library.berkeley.edu/MRC/vrt/vrtprogram.html

Lots of good stuff there. At the risk of self-promotion (aw...what the
hell...) I'd like to mention that the second ed of the big (599 pages)
video collection development book that I edited (and which was contributed
to by lots of folks on this list) is due for publication late this year
(Video Collection Development: A Handbook. Greenwood Publishing). It is
crammed full of pointers to resources and methods for video collection
development.

Gary Handman

At 07:43 AM 07/16/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello again, everyone,
>
>Given my previous enquiry I'd like to ask what are the basic tools we
>should have for acquiring videos. We're a liberal arts college of about
>2000 students, and we have a film studies dept.
>
>Any assistance greatly appreciated.
>
>Best,
>
>Kevin
>--