Re: 16mm archives/source

Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:32:23 -0700 (PDT)

Dan: I also tried the catalog of the American Archives of Factual Film at
Iowa State University, available through the Iowa State Library:
http://server.silo.lib.ia.us/cgi-bin/z3950/zform.CGI?AAFF

Unfortunately, no luck. -- Kris

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Dan Donnelly wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've tried looking at the National Archives and can't find the exact
> title I'm after. I've found one cite in WorldCat but it too isn't quite
> what I'm lookging for. Someone here is trying to locate a 1940ish 16mm
> film release from the Federal Housing Administration entitled "Houses of
> Today". That's all I know. I found a 1934, 1939 FHA title, "Own a modern
> livable home..." but user says nope, that's not what they're after.
>
> Does anyone know about some ephemeral films archive somewhere? Seems
> like there's gotta be some source of titles for work like Rick Prelinger
> does with old 16mm and that such an archive would likely include many
> gov pubs.
>
> Thanks, again in advance, for any suggestions.
>

> Dan Donnelly, Library Manager
> Learning Resources Center
> University of Minnesota Libraries
> 612.624.6536 Fax 612.625.2519
>
> mailto:d-donn@tc.umn.edu

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405