Re: 16mm archives/source

Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dan: The list of films in Rick Prelinger's archive is at
http://www.prelinger.com/ialist.html. I don't see the title you want on
this list, but you might also email him about it. His email address is
footage@panix.com. -- Kris

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Dan Donnelly wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've tried looking at the National Archives and can't find the exact
> title I'm after. I've found one cite in WorldCat but it too isn't quite
> what I'm lookging for. Someone here is trying to locate a 1940ish 16mm
> film release from the Federal Housing Administration entitled "Houses of
> Today". That's all I know. I found a 1934, 1939 FHA title, "Own a modern
> livable home..." but user says nope, that's not what they're after.
>
> Does anyone know about some ephemeral films archive somewhere? Seems
> like there's gotta be some source of titles for work like Rick Prelinger
> does with old 16mm and that such an archive would likely include many
> gov pubs.
>
> Thanks, again in advance, for any suggestions.
>

> Dan Donnelly, Library Manager
> Learning Resources Center
> University of Minnesota Libraries
> 612.624.6536 Fax 612.625.2519
>
> mailto:d-donn@tc.umn.edu

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405