Re: Newark riots and aftermath

Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

One of the episodes from the 5-part series _America's War on Poverty_,
"City of Promise," focuses upon Newark and includes archival footage of
the 1967 riots. We bought the series from PBS Video. This sound pretty
close to the program you describe... -- Kris

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Flavia Alaya wrote:

> Can anyone help me identify a video going back maybe ten years now
> (perhaps more--that may be when I saw it) which featured community
> activism in Newark, NJ, in the 'sixties and included news footage of
> the urban riots of the period?
>
> Flavia Alaya
> Ramapo College (NJ)

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405