RE: 16mm acquisition

Cartford@jcl.lib.ks.us
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:56:35 -0700 (PDT)

Here, my friends, is an example of true librarianship. It's the content,
stupid! You stay stuck back there in the past for as long as you can,
Julia.

Peter

Peter Cartford
AV Librarian
Johnson County Library
9875 W. 87th St.
Overland Park, KS 66212
913-495-2496
cartford@jcl.lib.ks.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Julia Gibbs [mailto:jgibbs@midway.uchicago.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 2:22 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: 16mm acquisition

Dear Vidlibbers,

I read the post about discarding 16mm collections with interest. My dept.
may be the last one doing this but we have an active aquisition policy and
collect 16mm prints because we still use them!!

If anyone is thinking about discarding a film collection please feel free
to contact me. I don't have enough room to take big collections but I am
often looking for unusual features and documentaries.

Thanks
Julia "still living in the past" Gibbs

Julia Gibbs
Assistant Director