Re: Profiles in Courage

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

"Profiles in Courage" came out while Kennedy was a senator, and he got a
Pulitzer Prize for it. I haven't seen any academic works on it, but
there's always a debate on how much of something a senator does should be
credited to the senator and how much to the staff.

The one episode we have, "Prudence Crandall" holds up quite well - though
the series is in black and white. Plays far better, in my opinion, than
"Roots", which was made later, in color, and had a far bigger budget.

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200