RE: Stalin video

John Hoskyns-Abrahall (John@bullfrogfilms.com)
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:24:52 -0700 (PDT)

Bullfrog Films distributes an unusual blending of history and art in a film
called THE WAR SYMPHONIES: SHOSTAKOVICH AGAINST STALIN. It won both the
John O'Connor Film of the Year Award from the American Historical
Association as well as an International EMMY for Best Arts Documentary.

One reviewer said of the film that it's "as compelling a demonstration of
Art's ability to stare down tyranny as we are ever likely to see."

For more information please check our web page on the film
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/war.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Hinegardner [mailto:hinegaja@jmu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 3:05 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Stalin video

I have a history professor looking for videos on Stalin. This was a
three-part videocassettes series dones back in 1990. It was a co-production
of Thames Television and WGBH Boston. The information I have says it was
originally televised on PBS stations, May-June, 1990. She is very anxious
to get these tapes for her Soviet History class. Can anyone direct me to
where we might be able to order these videos?

Judy Hinegardner
Media Library Assistant
Media Resources
MSC1701