RE: anime

Marlene (marlene@amcmedia.com)
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 07:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Suzanne:

Three of the best known Anime companies are Central Park
Media(www.centralparkmedia.com), Media Blasters(www.media-blasters.com) and
Urban Vision Entertainment(www.urban-vision.com)as well as Software
Sculptors and U.S. Manga Corps. who are distributed by Central Park Media.
Animation World Network(www.awn.com) is a clearinghouse for information
about Anime and animation in general. There is also a print magazine called
Animation World. A lot of the Anime is rather risqué but there are some
more tame titles available. I am privy to this info. because we author DVDs
for some of these companies.

Sincerely,
Afua (aka Marlene Graham)
Advanced Media Concepts

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Suzanne Colligan
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 10:24 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: anime

Greetings!
I thought I'd pick the collective brain on review sources for anime. I
haven't hit the print sources yet but a quick Google search revealed a lot
of online fan review sites. Can any one recommend either a quality fan
source (print or online) or a respected print source for this genre? I'd
like to purchase some titles for our collection but obviously I want quality
material.

Thanks!!

Suzanne Colligan, M.L.S.
Librarian
Fiction/Audiovisual Dept.
Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, Central
1 Lafayette Sq.
Buffalo, NY 14203
(716) 858-7124