Re: DVD Damage

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Kate,

since the start with DVD we have exactly the same problem. I think it is
really a design flaw with these new boxes that are called in Europe
AMARAY CASE according to the firm that probably invented it. They have
this special PUSH BUTTON in the middle that is different from normal CD
JEWEL CASES. They promote it as an easy release mechanism but some
people probably don't realize the real function of this button and try
to take out the disc from the margin which results in a cracking around
the hub. Some of our DVD videos are destroyed in this way.

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat

Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
Amerika-Gedenkbibliothek