RE: Libray orientation in spanish

Tatar, Becky (
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:56:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks a lot! This was me a month or so ago. I passed it onto our ass't
director, and extension services head. Since that time, we also received a
grant to do something like this, so we may purchase these anyway to see what
other people did. Thanks again!

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
PHONE: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 12:57 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Libray orientation in spanish

Once upon a time someone on the list asked about Spanish language videos
for kids on how to use the library. At the time I remembered hearing of
one but could not find any hard information on it. Today I fell over the
info. New Dimension Media (800/288-4456) produces a Spanish language
version of "Welcome to Your Library" . We own the English version, which
is for young elementary kids on general library use; not thrilling, but
useful. I also think Media Inc., the people who did "Be Book Buddy"
with the infamous "Charlie Chapters" (a talking book), did a Spanish
version of that. I thought I saw that someone had picked old Charlie up
and was distributing him, but that piece of memory has not come back into
focus yet. I hope this very late reply will help whoever was looking for
the materials.

B. Rhodes
Audiovisual Consultant
Northeast Texas Library System