Re: looking for a film

Philip Alan Hallman (phallman@umich.edu)
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:42:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I believe you are looking for the film "Social Life of Small Urban
Spaces."

Here is the description:This witty and original film is about the open
spaces of cities and why some of them work for people while others don't.
Beginning at New York's Seagram Plaza, one of the most used open areas in
the city, the film proceeds to analyze why this space is so popular and
how other urban oases, both in New York and elsewhere, measure up. Based
on direct observation of what people actually do, the film presents a
remarkably engaging and informative tour of the urban landscape and looks
at how it can be made more hospitable to those who live in it.

Running time: 58 min

It is available for purchase from Direct Cinema for $95.00.

Their phone is 310/636-8200 or www.directcinema.com

Philip Hallman
Film Librarian
Univ of Michigan