Re: Described videos

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:43:41 -0700 (PDT)

Mary:
I asked our cataloguers what they do, and here is one reply:

500 $a Verbal description for the visually impaired.
650-4 $a Video recordings for the visually impaired.

----
At 01:07 PM 5/30/01 -0700, you wrote:
>When you have "described videos" for the blind or visually impaired, how
>are you tagging these so they are searchable to your patrons? I found a
>subject heading "video description" but wonder how you are handling
>these in your libraries. Is there a general statement similar to "closed
>captioned for the hearing impaired" that would be useful in a note field
>also? Thanks for your help.
>Mary Dexter
>Arapahoe Library District
>Littleton, CO

--- --- --- ^^^ --- ^^^ --- --- ---
Susan Weber, M.L.S.
Media Librarian
Langara College
Advanced Education Media Acquisitions Centre (AEMAC)
http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac
100 West 49th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V5Y 2Z6
Tel. (604) 323-5533 Fax. (604) 323-5475
email: sweber@langara.bc.ca