RE: Ziemia Obiecana

Brian McCaskill (brian@facets.org)
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:14:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Suzanne,

Actually Facets does carry this title on VHS under its English translation,
"Land of Promise", for $79.95. It is in stock and ready to ship immediately.
I've listed a description below.

"Land of Promise"

Based on the novel by Nobel Prize-winner Wladyslav Reymont, Andrzej Wajda's
epic film examines the relationships among three industrialists who own a
textile factory in Lodz at the turn of the century. The film is an epic
about complex class structures; each man represents a different ethnic
group: a Pole (Daniel Olbrychski), a German (Andrzej Seweryn) and a Jew
(Wojciech Pszoniak). The drama builds to a climax when the overworked,
underpaid workers threaten to revolt. With Anna Nehrebecka. Polish with
English subtitles.

VHS Item#: S19397
Price: $79.95
IN STOCK

Andrzej Wajda Poland 1974 178 mins.

If you have any questions regarding this message or would like to place an
order for this title "please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Thanks!

Sincerely,

Brian McCaskill, Director
Educational Services