Re: New York: a documentary film

Nell J Chenault (njchenau@hsc.vcu.edu)
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

--------------6D029F8F430FA052BEDD013B

There are 2 new episodes which will be aired on PBS American Experience soon.
Not available for purchase yet. One of the producers told me they will be
selling the 2 new episodes as a set with a new case/box to add the first 5 tapes
you may have purchased last year. Or you will be able to buy all 7 as a
complete set. Also, New York will be released on DVD. I saw episode 6, "City
of Tomorrow" (1929-1941), at a festival and it is as fascinating as the earlier
5. It covers the depression era, modern "city" planning, ethnic stereotyping of
neighborhoods by city planners. Episode 7 is about the urban blight (bankrupt
city) and plans for economic recovery. Ric Burns is moving on to new projects,
so this will be it.

Nell Chenault
Media Resource Services
Virginia Commonwealth University