Re: P.O Question

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:25:11 -0700 (PDT)

--MS_Mac_OE_3074000492_21727081_MIME_Part

FYI
I don't need the Dept # just ANY number so I can give someone the info

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International

From: "Gail B. Fedak" <gfedak@mtsu.edu> Reply-To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:17:39 -0700 (PDT) To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: Re: P.O Question

I don't know about other places, but our POs come from the Purchasing department that serves the entire campus, not from individual departments requesting items be purchased. Thus the phone # listed on our POs is for the purchasing office. For POs that do not have a phone # at all, one must assume that "they" do not want to be contacted - easily, anyway. I must assume that our POs are tailored for soliciting bids, not for the convenience of the individual purchaser and vendor who just might need to communicate directly with each other. I can hear the responses now if Purchasing were asked to include department contact info on the PO! Thank goodness Purchasing requested that we stop sending our requests through them (we often generate 200+ requests per year) a couple of years ago. Using fax, email, or phone orders has certainly simplified our lives and provides vendors easy access to contact us directly if questions arise. Gail B. Fedak Coordinator, Instructional Media Resources Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TN 37132 phone 615-898-2740 fax 615-898-2530 email gfedak@mtsu.edu ----- Original Message ----- From: Jessica Rosner <jrosner@kino.com> To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 3:02 PM Subject: P.O Question

> Dear Librarians > Can anyone tell me why that idiotic standard purchase order form that most > of you use has no phone # or e mail address on it? I often get orders that > have anything from the wrong price to the wrong title or says something like > "public performance rights " ( fat chance). I really don't have the time to > write a letter to correct all these P.O mistakes. If there were a phone # or > e-mail address I could simply correct the info. Sometimes I just toss these > things. Any chance you can get one or the other number added to these forms > ? > -- > Jessica Rosner > Kino International > 333 W 39th St. 503 > NY NY 10018 > jrosner@kino.com > >

--MS_Mac_OE_3074000492_21727081_MIME_Part Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: P.O Question FYI