Re: P.O Question

Gail B. Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

fax 615-898-2530
email gfedak@mtsu.edu

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Jessica Rosner <jrosner@kino.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 3:02 PM
Subject: P.O Question

> Dear Librarians
> Can anyone tell me why that idiotic standard purchase order form that =
most
> of you use has no phone # or e mail address on it? I often get orders =
that
> have anything from the wrong price to the wrong title or says =
something like
> "public performance rights " ( fat chance). I really don't have the =
time to
> write a letter to correct all these P.O mistakes. If there were a =
phone # or
> e-mail address I could simply correct the info. Sometimes I just toss =
these
> things. Any chance you can get one or the other number added to these =
forms
> ?
> --=20
> Jessica Rosner
> Kino International
> 333 W 39th St. 503
> NY NY 10018
> jrosner@kino.com
>=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C0E85A.F8D6C7E0

I don't know about other places, but our POs come = from the=20 Purchasing department that serves the entire campus, not from individual = departments requesting items be purchased. Thus the phone # listed = on our=20 POs is for the purchasing office. For POs that do not have a phone = # at=20 all, one must assume that "they" do not want to be contacted - easily,=20 anyway.  I must assume that our POs are tailored for soliciting = bids, not=20 for the convenience of the individual purchaser and vendor who just = might need=20 to communicate directly with each other. I can hear the responses now if = Purchasing were asked to include department contact info on the PO! = Thank=20 goodness Purchasing requested that we stop sending our requests through = them (we=20 often generate 200+ requests per year) a couple of years ago. Using fax, = email,=20 or phone orders has certainly simplified our lives and provides vendors = easy=20 access to contact us directly if questions arise.
Gail B. Fedak
Coordinator, Instructional Media=20 Resources
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN  = 37132
phone  615-898-2740
fax  = 615-898-2530