Re: P.O Question

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi:
I'd like to point out that our PO's are generated by the Purchasing
Dept. and not by us - we have no say over what goes out - we
don't even get a copy sent to us with the PO # on it.
We do have access to the electronic info. or a form of it, but it's
a cumbersome software that isn't easy to extract info. from.
So, it's the software designers who should allow contact info. to be
put on their form OR the Purchasing depts. should write it in.
Most often, they don't.

Susan

At 02:05 PM 5/29/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Jessica,
>Ours do have that sort of information on them, but if I were to venture a
>guess, they were probably designed by the same people that also design
>invoices from film and video companies that don't have the same information
>you're talking about, and sometimes the name of some distant parent company
>that I never heard of. Why can't more people be like you and me???
>But seriously, it is frustrating and a good reminder to make sure that
>info. is provided.
>Frank Landrum
>Lane ESD
>541-461-8200
>
>At 01:02 PM 5/29/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >Dear Librarians
> >Can anyone tell me why that idiotic standard purchase order form that most
> >of you use has no phone # or e mail address on it? I often get orders that
> >have anything from the wrong price to the wrong title or says something like
> >"public performance rights " ( fat chance). I really don't have the time to
> >write a letter to correct all these P.O mistakes. If there were a phone # or
> >e-mail address I could simply correct the info. Sometimes I just toss these
> >things. Any chance you can get one or the other number added to these forms
> >?
> >--
> >Jessica Rosner
> >Kino International
> >333 W 39th St. 503
> >NY NY 10018
> >jrosner@kino.com

--- --- --- ^^^ --- ^^^ --- --- ---
Susan Weber, M.L.S.
Media Librarian
Langara College
Advanced Education Media Acquisitions Centre (AEMAC)
http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac
100 West 49th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V5Y 2Z6
Tel. (604) 323-5533 Fax. (604) 323-5475
email: sweber@langara.bc.ca