Re: ALA Graphics

Rhonda Rosen (rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu)
Thu, 24 May 2001 12:18:30 -0700 (PDT)

and, how about

"for a different point of <italic>view</italic>@your library"

rhonda

At 12:12 PM 5/24/01 -0700, you wrote:

"See Also", "See More" and "Look, Listen & Learn" (I switched the last
two terms) all sound like good possibilities. I'll add this to the agenda
for the VRT meeting at S.F.--sounds like a good committee job.

Best,

Randy

</smaller></fontfamily>

Randy Pitman

Publisher/Editor

Video Librarian

8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW

Seabeck, WA 98380

Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346

Email: <<mailto:vidlib@videolibrarian.com>vidlib@videolibrarian.com

Web: <<http://www.videolibrarian.com>www.videolibrarian.com

<excerpt> ----- Original Message -----

<bold>From:</bold> <<mailto:ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>Gary Handman

<bold>To:</bold> <<mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu>Multiple
recipients of list

<bold>Sent:</bold> Thursday, May 24, 2001 11:31 AM

<bold>Subject:</bold> Re: ALA Graphics

Randy et al:

I sorta like my suggestion of a <bold>SEE <<mailto:ALSO@the>ALSO@the
library</bold> poster slogan (get it? SEE...view...uh...)

In any case, I'm hoping we can formally put this on the agenda to
discuss in SF. It's clear that we're going to need a group to volunteer
for investigating, coming up with a proposal to bring to exec comm,
etc.

gary

<excerpt> A grammatical suggestion: Instead of "VIEW", how about "LOOK"
as in "Look

into your library". Or maybe "LEARN" as in "Learn at your library"?
They

alliterate better.

Brigid Duffy

Audio Visual/ITV Center

San Francisco State University

San Francisco CA 94132-4200

E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Randy Pitman wrote:

> I did make a preliminary overture to ALA about a "VIEW" poster (or
something

> like) and no one looked at me as if I'd suddenly sprouted 3 heads, but

> also got the distinct feeling that we (i.e., videolib types) need to do
the

> mental elbow grease on this one.

> In other words, we need to come up with a viable concept, and--if it's
at

> like the "READ" posters--some idea of potential celebrities.

> I've always thought authors would be the perfect choice for the
"VIEW"

> posters:

> Jane Smiley for WGBH's "King Lear"

> John Updike for Wabi Sabi Productions' "Rabbit on the Moon"

> Philip Roth for "American Pie"

> Toni Morrison for "Jazz" (Ken Burns', not hers)

> Etc.

> Best,

> Randy Pitman

> Publisher/Editor

> Video Librarian

> 8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW

> Seabeck, WA 98380

> Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346

> Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com

> Web: <<http://www.videolibrarian.com/>www.videolibrarian.com

by

> > celebrity "Read" posters with only one nonprint poster -- a
children's

> > poster of Donald Duck and his 3 nephews variously watching a video,

> > listening to a CD, and using a computer, with the caption "Entertain
Your

> > Brain at the Library."

> > At VRT's Midwinter meeting we talked about designing a poster
promoting

> > video in libraries. Maybe we can informally discuss it again next
month

> in

> > SF???

> > Mike Boedicker

> > Audiovisual Director & Webmaster

> > Danville Public Library

> > 319 N. Vermilion

> > Danville, IL 61832

> > (217) 477-5223 ext. 123

> > Fax: (217) 477-5230

> > <<http://www.danville.lib.il.us/>http://www.danville.lib.il.us

<<http://explorer.msn.com/>http://explorer.msn.com

</excerpt>

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000

</excerpt>

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Rhonda Rosen

Loyola Marymount University phone: (310)338-4584

7900 Loyola Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90045-8206

email:rrosen@lmu.edu

Media & Reserve web page: http://lib.lmu.edu/mr/