Re: ALA Graphics

Thu, 24 May 2001 10:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

I did make a preliminary overture to ALA about a "VIEW" poster (or something
like) and no one looked at me as if I'd suddenly sprouted 3 heads, but I
also got the distinct feeling that we (i.e., videolib types) need to do the
mental elbow grease on this one.

In other words, we need to come up with a viable concept, and--if it's at
like the "READ" posters--some idea of potential celebrities.

I've always thought authors would be the perfect choice for the "VIEW"
posters:

Jane Smiley for WGBH's "King Lear"
John Updike for Wabi Sabi Productions' "Rabbit on the Moon"
Philip Roth for "American Pie"
Toni Morrison for "Jazz" (Ken Burns', not hers)

Etc.

Best,

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video Librarian
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
Seabeck, WA 98380
Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346
Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com
Web: www.videolibrarian.com