RE: ALA Graphics

Carol Dunn (dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Thu, 24 May 2001 10:06:51 -0700 (PDT)

I really like the MAKE READING A HOBBIT promo
on page 31. Our YA Department is going to co-sponsor
a program with AV for Teen Read Week and call it FRODO LIVES.
I like this Book/Movie promotion from ALA, something different!
We are thinking about book discussions and perhaps handing
out stickers that say FRODO LIVES that week.....
As for READ FOR AMERICA'S LIBRARIES posters: as the old saying
goes, "EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY"..........it's time to drop them.
Regards,
Carol Dunn
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
www.findlay.lib.oh.us
Telephone: 419.422.1712
Fax: 419.422-0638

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Mike Boedicker
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 12:52 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: ALA Graphics

Anyone seen the new ALA Graphics catalog? As usual it's dominated by
celebrity "Read" posters with only one nonprint poster -- a children's
poster of Donald Duck and his 3 nephews variously watching a video,
listening to a CD, and using a computer, with the caption "Entertain Your
Brain at the Library."

At VRT's Midwinter meeting we talked about designing a poster promoting
video in libraries. Maybe we can informally discuss it again next month in
SF???

Mike Boedicker
Audiovisual Director & Webmaster
Danville Public Library