Re: public performance rights, again

Jessica Rosner (
Mon, 21 May 2001 11:09:00 -0700 (PDT)

MPLC sells what they call "umbrella " licenses which usually allows you to
show an unlimited number of films BUT just make sure that the films you want
are part of the MPLC list. As long as you don't have 12 specific movies in
mind, they have a large selection BUT they can be a little vague sometimes
about what is covered. They are weak on say independent and foreign films
but have a large group of popular studio films. Again just be VERY CAREFUL
that the films you show are SPECIFICALLY covered under the license.
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018

> From: Susan Shaw <> > Reply-To: > Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:52:15 -0700 (PDT) > To: Multiple recipients of list <> > Subject: public performance rights, again > > Dear all, > > After looking through the archives, I'm a little puzzled about that MPLC > (?), from which you can obtain ppr for a year, say, for all the films you're > going to show once. > > Here's the deal: our library wants to show a movie a month during our > centennial year. At this point, I think we're doing one showing per film. > I had thought we needed ppr for each film, but maybe we could just do one > payment to this corporation or organization---can't recall the name and my > notes are somewhere else--that would be *so* much easier. Can it be true??? > > Susan Shaw > San Antonio Public Library >