Re: Video shelving

Loris Baker (lbaker@bapl.org)
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:05:22 -0700 (PDT)

We have our videos out for the public in three groupings: feature films in
title alphabetical order (no genre groupings), television series
(Masterpiece Theater, A&E dramatic series, British comedy series, et al.),
and nonfiction with Dewey numbers.
This works for us, though I can see a case for genre groupings if your
feature film collection is fairly large.

At 09:23 AM 5/18/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>For those of you with your videos out for your public to peruse, how do you
>have your feature films in order - a straight alphabetical list, or arranged
>by genre, then alphabetically within each category. This is our $64,000
>question for the day. Our informational titles are going to be given a
>Dewey number. Thanks in advance for all your help.
>
>Becky Tatar
>Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
>Aurora Public Library
>1 E. Benton Street