Re: rock n roll movies

Gregory Callahan (gregory_callahan@hotmail.com)
Mon, 14 May 2001 11:04:28 -0700 (PDT)

What about "High Fidelity"--if you're talking rock culture in the broad sense, it certainly applies.  And Jack Black's performance clip makes it qualify in the more specific sense.

If you're thinking proto-punk or pre-New Wave, see about getting the Warhol Velvet Underground and Nico short.  Plus there are videos of the Lou Reed American Masters doc, the Lou Reed/John Cale "Songs for Drella" and a great doc on Nico called "Nico/Icon" by Susanne Ofteringer.  (I know you said you don't need any more input on documentaries but these may be overlooked.)

Greg Callahan