RE: rock n roll movies

Rebecca Tolley-Stokes (tolleyst@ACCESS.ETSU.EDU)
Mon, 14 May 2001 10:39:51 -0700 (PDT)

Rock n Roll High School (1979) is a classic, featuring the Ramones.

90s grunge/alternative movies:
Singles (featuring Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Mudhoney)
Slacker
Reality Bites
Mall Rats
Empire Records

Sounds like a fun class!

Rebecca Tolley-Stokes
Catalog Librarian
Sherrod Library, ETSU
423.439.4365
423.439.4410 fax
tolleyst@etsu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Barb Bergman
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 1:14 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: rock n roll movies

Here's something for you to brainstorm about:

I have a professor putting together a syllabus for a "History of Rock 'n
Roll" class. We have documentaries covered, but she also wants to make use
of feature films. They can about specific musicians, about the music
industry, or simply where rock music is an important part of the movie.

She said she's especially having problems coming up with ideas for films
(documentary or feature) dealing with the 90s. Grunge, alternative, etc.
(But just checked out the two series by PBS and Time Warner for
previewing...)

Anyway, here are the film titles I've come up with so far:
The Rose
La Bamba
Buddy Holly Story
That thing you do
Yellow Submarine
Elvis movies
Almost famous
Spinal Tap
Selena
Grease
Saturday Night Fever
Back to the Future (dance scene "Johnny be good")
Footloose
Pink Floyd's The Wall

Thanks in advance,
Barb