RE: Licensing videos

Charly Bauer (charly@ohiolink.edu)
Tue, 1 May 2001 14:13:03 -0700 (PDT)

Licensing can be used to librarians advantage. A license can clarify the
ambiguities of fair use, or guarantee uses beyond what we can claim by
fair-use.

Librarians can and should be the co-authors of a license, not its victims.

I hope the library video world plays an active role in licensing, as the
library text world has done.

Please see:
http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/index.shtml

Charly Bauer