Re: Query on 1962/3 Italian film (redux)

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:41:32 -0700 (PDT)

--MS_Mac_OE_3071478435_14397877_MIME_Part

you might contact Sinister Cinema. Don't have there number but you should be
able to find them. They are kind of experts on this kind of thing

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International

From: "Gregory Callahan" <gregory_callahan@hotmail.com> Reply-To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:25:24 -0700 (PDT) To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: Query on 1962/3 Italian film (redux)

If this question sounds like deja vu all over again, well, it is for me too. I have a patron here who sought information almost a year ago re: an Italian film from the early 60's that featured some British circus-type performers with whom this patron was acquainted. It sounds like one of those "Mondo...." jobs, since it was interspersed with Biblical scenes and lord knows what else. The act involved a bullwhip that the male partner would lash around the female without causing her injury.

With the help of some of the list members last summer, I determined that it could be one of a series called "Mondo di Notte," which according to the Internet Movie Database, had its third entry in 1963, which is the time the performers say this film was made. The gentleman in question thought it was something like "Universo di Notte," but we could find nothing like that.

The IMDb does not have much in the way of description of any of the films in the "...di Notte" series. Does anyone on the list have any idea as to get a summary or description of them (particularly the third)? He also believed that a Franco Interlangi (sp?) may have somehow been involved--although the IMDb lists Gianni Proia as the "director."

Also, since I gather his ultimate objective is to purchase (good luck!) or at least view the film in some format, I would appreciate any advise on how one might go about that. He may be willing to go to NYC to view it, since we are only about 70 mi. north of the city. Would the Museum of the Moving Image (I believe that's what it's called) be a possibility? Thanks very much for any help.

Greg Callahan

Hyde Park Free Library

--MS_Mac_OE_3071478435_14397877_MIME_Part Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: Query on 1962/3 Italian film (redux) you might contact Sinister Cinema. Don't have there number but you should b= e able to find them. They are kind of experts on this kind of thing