Re: Legal Question

Clark, Jeff (clarkjc@jmu.edu)
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

Ben, you're welcome. I should have mentioned that for
anyone wanting to learn more about UCITA, and its legal
progress, you might try the following website:

http://www.cpsr.org/program/UCITA/ucita-fact.html

Jeff

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:26:14 -0700 (PDT) Ben Achtenberg
<Ben@fanlight.com> wrote:

> Jeff: Many thanks for the clear and concise explanation. Thanks also to
> Darryl for the related websites.
>
> As producers and distributors, our needs and interests are not always
> totally in synch with those of media users, but this legislation definitely
> sounds like overkill, and that's not in anybody's best interest. Far
> better if we can go on working out our differences through communication
> channels like this one.
>
> Best,
> Ben
>
> ====================================
>
> At 05:54 AM 4/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >Ben,
> >
> >UCITA is the Uniform Computer Information Act. It's a
> >form of contract law, which began life as an updating of
> >the commercial code ....

Jeff Clark
Director
Media Resources (MSC 1701)