Re: Closed captioning?

Ben Achtenberg (Ben@fanlight.com)
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

Contact the Captioned Media Program of the National Association of the
Deaf, by e-mail at <info@cfv.org> or their WebSite at <www.cfv.org>.

Incidentally, a couple of recent experiences lead us to encourage everybody
to check the TAPE itself, as well as the sleeve. We've had tapes sent to
us where the sleeve said they were captioned but they actually weren't and
-- I'm very sorry to say -- we've been the culprits ourselves on at least
one occasion (our lab made dupes off an older, non-captioned master, and we
didn't catch it before packaging the tapes.)

As a semi-related aside, somebody recently sent us a program that was NOT
captioned but which included as "b-roll" some footage from a prior film
which HAD been captioned. Since we had our decoder turned on when watching
it, all of a sudden in the middle of the film, totally irrelevant captions
started appearing. Bizarre.

Best to all...
Ben Achtenberg
Fanlight Productions