Re: DVD upkeep

Mark Richie (Media2@bellatlantic.net)
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

There was an expensive product called LaserMud some year back for Laser
diac resurfacing. After some experimenting and advice from other media
librarians we came up with a low cost fix - Turtle Wax. At a local auto
supply store pick up a can of HIGH QUALITY rubbing compound that will
work on CLEAR COAT finishes. Follow the instructions and use a very
light circular motion on each big scratch or just lightly over the
whole playing surface.

On the other hand, unless you have a part timer making $5.00 an hour
doing this, it could get very expensive labor wise. In any case for
fast fixes on that unexplained scratch it works pretty good most of the
time.

Cheers - MLR