Re: DVD upkeep

R. Hertzler (rhertz@u.washington.edu)
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

We use a contraption called SkipDoctor, which we bought for something like
$35.00, that seemed to "fix" a couple of our problematic DVDs. It was a
little shocking to see how it abraded the shiny surface of the disc,
leaving it looking a little cloudy (like you'd take an exceedinly fine
piece of sandpaper to it), but it did the job for those two discs. And
for the price, it paid for itself in savings on replacement discs.

Randy Hertzler
University of Washington Libraries