Re: DVD upkeep

Clark, Jeff (clarkjc@jmu.edu)
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:34:12 -0700 (PDT)

Lucinda,

I've had some good luck with a product called WipeOut! CD
Repair Kit. This one is good for scratches that are
prominent but not *too* deep (probably nothing but a
professional resurfacing would work on that problem, and
it'd be easier and maybe cheaper to buy a replacement if
available). WipeOut! basically buffs the surface smooth,
minimizing or eliminating th irregularities in the
scratched area that may affect laser tracking.

You can find them online at: http://www.wipeout.com/

There's also one called CD/DVD Playright that I haven't
tried, but which has pretty decent testimonials attached.
It's at: http://www.cdplayright.com/

Jeff

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 07:12:20 -0700 (PDT) Lucinda Dubinski
<ludubinski@vassar.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced any problems with DVD's developing scratches
> ?? We've had a few that apparently have gotten scratched and therefore
> won't play. Is there some kind of extra coating, or cleaning and repair
> that can be done to lessen this problem?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions. Cindy
>

> Lucinda L. Dubinski
> Coordinator, Interlibrary Loan and Reserve Services
> Vassar College Libraries
> 124 Raymond Ave, Box 20
> Poughkeepsie, New York 12604-0020
>
> 845-437-5795