Re: Stumper - Video about Native American stuntman

Brian McCaskill (brian@facets.org)
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:26:51 -0700 (PDT)

I believe the doc you're looking for is on the 2nd part/tape of a three-part
VHS Volume titled "Quest" (see description below). Facets has it in stock
and ready to ship immediately for $39.98.

"Quest"

This adventure series, directed by award-winning documentary filmmaker Jim
Burroughs, travels to all ends of the earth in search of the myths,
miracles, beliefs and facts that have given meaning to people's lives. In
Part I--Last of the Stone Agers, famed French explorer Herve de Maigret,
co-producer of the Academy Award-winning documentary The Sky Above, The Mud
Below, returns to New Guinea 30 years after he made contact with the
cannibalistic and head-hunting tribes along the Asmat coast. In Part II--Way
of the Warriors, acclaimed Hollywood stuntman Henry Kingi credits his
success to his Cherokee ancestry and a mysterious "warrior" spirit that
guides him. At age 50, he decides to impart his spiritual heritage to his
14-year-old son, as he takes the boy to his people's ancient homeland near
Sedona, Arizona. In Part III--Lost World of the Maya, the Lacandron sect,
which has dwindled to barely 300 people, are the sole survivors of the great
Mayan culture, with roots traceable to pre-Columbian times. But the recent
death, at age 110, of their revered leader has cast an ominous shadow on
their ancient calendar, which predicts the end of the world in 2006.
Three-tape set.

Jim Burroughs 150 mins.

VHS: Item# S33195
PRICE: $39.98
IN STOCK - Will ship within 24 hours.

If you would like to order this title or have any additional questions
please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Brian McCaskill, Director
Educational Services
Facets Multimedia
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
e-mail: brian@facets.org
ph: 800-331-6197
fax: 773-929-5437

At 11:51 AM 4/2/01 -0700, you wrote:
>One of our patrons is seeking trying to identify and obtain
>a documentary program she saw on television in Britain
>around 1998-1999. If the information below rings a bell for
>anyone, please let me know. Any suggestions will be
>gratefully received.
>
>It was about a Native American man (aged 40s-50s) who was
>employed as a movie stuntman. It focused on his efforts to
>pass on his beliefs and traditions to his son (aged 10-12).
>The son undergoes some type of "transformation" or
>"spiritual epiphany" after being introduced to the spiritual
>beliefs of his family and ancestors.
>
> She does not know which tribe they belonged to, their
>names, or the title of the video. She thinks it was an
>American production, and contemporary at the time she viewed
>it.
>
>Thanks for any help you can provide,
>Jean Hewlett
>North Bay Cooperative Library System, Santa Rosa CA
>nbclsref@sonic.net

FACETS WHOLESALE
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
PH: 1-800-888-0775
PH: 1-773-281-9075
FAX:773-929-5437

HOURS: Mon-Fri 8:30am-6:00pm central time