Re: 16 mm films

stephen O'Riordan (soriordan@ucsd.edu)
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:50:09 -0700 (PDT)

Paula,

Cool & dry stacks. Upright, if they're on reels. Use plastic
cans. Catalog as you would any item. You can assign accession numbers
that include number of reels such as - fvlm-345-3. I would not circulate
prints. You don't want an, inexperience projectionist, w/ an old 16mm (
that they found in the attic ) trying to load, show & rewind a fragile print.

Stephen

At 08:48 AM 4/2/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi folks!
>
>I'm going to appeal to your collective wisdom yet again!
>
>We've inherited a collection of 16 mm films that our faculty insists on
>keeping. Our question is -- what do we DO with these puppies? Does
>anyone have any hints on cataloging, storing, and making such beasts
>available to the general public? How do folks (particularly in liberal
>arts colleges) manage and support such collections?
>
>Many thanks for your advice!
>
> -- Paula

Stephen O'Riordan
Film & Video Library
University of Calif. San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla Ca 92023-0175Q
phone: (858) 534-7981
fax: (858) 534-0189
e-mail: soriordan@ucsd.edu
http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/fvl/FVLPAGE.HTM