RE: 16 mm films

Katherine McGivern (kmcgivern@bergen.cc.nj.us)
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:17:54 -0700 (PDT)

We just got rid of nearly all of our 16mm films. You might try to see if any
are available on VHS and replace them. Or, try to get duplication
permission and archive the films. Your bigger problem will be keeping film
projectors running to show these dinosaurs. Also, what is the latest
publication date? Are these out of date items which need to be updated?

Kate

-----Original Message-----
From: Paula Contreras [mailto:pcontrer@mail.bucknell.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 11:48 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: 16 mm films

Hi folks!

I'm going to appeal to your collective wisdom yet again!

We've inherited a collection of 16 mm films that our faculty insists on
keeping. Our question is -- what do we DO with these puppies? Does anyone
have any hints on cataloging, storing, and making such beasts available to
the general public? How do folks (particularly in liberal arts colleges)
manage and support such collections?

Many thanks for your advice!

-- Paula