3M DVD rings (Was: Re: DVD balance problems)

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:27:53 -0800 (PST)

The 3M security rings for CDs/DVDs are out. 3M displayed them at the
Computers in Libraries conference in DC earlier in March.

Unfortunately, apparently the new rings only work with the latest version of
3M's security gates. (A point 3M failed to mention in their bid when we
replaced our gates this year)

3M does maintain that after 24 hours the labels become permanent. We
already use paper labels on CDs, so are testing whether the 3M rings also
become permanent when affixed to the current paper rings.

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Media/Communications Studies/Women's Studies
Arizona State University West
P.O. Box 37100
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
Phone: 602.543.8522