RE: CA Libraries & Drugs

Jaeschke, Miles (mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:46:56 -0800 (PST)

Here's 8355 for those of you following the thread--

MJ

8355. Every person or organization awarded a contract or a grant
for the procurement of any property or services from any state agency
shall certify to the contracting or granting agency that it will
provide a drug-free workplace by doing all of the following:
(a) Publishing a statement notifying employees that the unlawful
manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a
controlled substance is prohibited in the person's or organization's
workplace and specifying the actions that will be taken against
employees for violations of the prohibition.
(b) Establishing a drug-free awareness program to inform employees
about all of the following:
(1) The dangers of drug abuse in the workplace.
(2) The person's or organization's policy of maintaining a
drug-free workplace.
(3) Any available drug counseling, rehabilitation, and employee
assistance programs.
(4) The penalties that may be imposed upon employees for drug
abuse violations.
(c) Requiring that each employee engaged in the performance of the
contract or grant be given a copy of the statement required by
subdivision (a) and that, as a condition of employment on the
contract or grant, the employee agrees to abide by the terms of the
statement.