Re: CA Libraries & Drugs

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:02:40 -0800 (PST)

I won't identify the sender of the most recent " form " other than to say it
was a large University in the state system. I confess that I sent a kind of
"snippy" letter back with the form explaining that I would NOT sign what is
called the "Drug Free Workplace Certification" which the library alleges is
required by both the State of California and the Feds ( never had a problem
with the CIA orders and they do order). I suspect that the librarian was
frustrated by my response ( I said they could keep the tapes and deduct the
supposed 7% fine but to please not order again) and she informed me in her
letter response that she would notify the state of our refusal to comply
so that and I quote " all agencies will cease business with your company"
Like I said I think she was more frustrated than anything but I think you
guys like in a scary state

Hope you have enough power to get this e mail

--
Jessica