Re: Electronic books processing

Guarria (cguarria@suffolk.lib.ny.us)
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:38:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Mary. My library just recently began circulating the Rocket ebook. I
don't know if that's the one you're referring to, but it also comes in a
leather case which doesn't fit the accompanying components. We decided to
circulate all the needed items in a LLbean canvas bag. We placed
all identifying stickers and barcodes on the ebook reader itself which
means the circulation clerks have to actually open up the bag, take out
the reader, open up the carrying case and scan the barcode. It seems to
work and I have as yet had no complaints. Hope this helps.

Carrie
cguarria@suffolk.library.ny.us