Re: A History of the African People:

Brian McCaskill (brian@facets.org)
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:20:44 -0800 (PST)

Facets carries the following title on African history (please see
description below). If you would like to order this title or happen to have
any questions please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Brian McCaskill, Director
Educational Services
Facets Multimedia
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
e-mail: brian@facets.org
phone: 800-331-6197
fax: 773-929-5437

"Wonders of the African World"

Harvard University Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. introduced millions of
public television viewers to African history with this acclaimed series,
which challenges the widespread Western view of Africa as a primitive "dark
continent" civilized by white colonists. Filmed in 12 countries over a full
year, this extensively researched series shatters cultural myths with true
stories of great civilizations, cities, and centers of learning that existed
long before the arrival of Europeans. Gates also shares his personal odyssey
as an African-American, the great-great-grandchild of slaves, returning to
the cradle of black civilization. Six one-hour episodes. 1999.

VHS. Three-tape boxed set. $59.98

At 05:40 AM 3/20/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues:
> I am looking a comprehensive video title or set on the History of the
African People spanning its origins to the current day. Any suggestions?

>Thanks in Advance
>
>LaRoi Lawton
>Gerald S. Lieblich Learning
>Resource Center
>Bronx Community College/CUNY
>Bronx, NY
><HTML><HEAD>
><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=GENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Dear Colleagues:</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp; I am looking a comprehensive video title or set on
the
>History of the African People spanning its origins to the current day. Any
>suggestions? </FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks in Advance</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>LaRoi Lawton</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Gerald S. Lieblich Learning </FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Resource Center</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Bronx Community College/CUNY</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Bronx, NY </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

FACETS WHOLESALE
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
PH: 1-800-888-0775
PH: 1-773-281-9075
FAX:773-929-5437

HOURS: Mon-Fri 8:30am-6:00pm central time